We can all be advocates — healthcare professionals, employers, insurers, patients — anyone who cares about supporting healthy behaviors and lifestyles, especially in Wisconsin.
If you're reading this, you probably don't need convincing. But you can find all the relevant information and research here, aligned for key stakeholders: Healthcare Professionals, Employers, Insurers. See links at left for more resources.
Ideas for advocates
Ask your healthcare provider:
- Do you deliver BSI?
- What proportion of your patients get screened?
- What proportion of patients with positive screens get interventions or referrals?
- Do you have dedicated, trained staf on site to deliver interventions or referrals?
- Have you considered asking WIPHL for help to deliver BSI?
Ask your health plan:
- Do you reimburse for BSI?
- Do you reimburse when BSI is delivered by trained health educators?
- Do you reimburse when health educators deliver BSI at visits where patients receive other services from other individuals?
- Do you track how many of your members receive BSI from various healthcare providers?
For more ideas, see What You Can Do to Help.